Thursday, October 16, 2008

Inaugural blog post

Welcome to All!

This is the first post in what I hope will be a fruitful blogging event. It only seems fitting then that we should begin with an introduction and a "raison d'etre" (in other words, what's the point of this exercise?).

My family owns and operates Buffalo Creek Ranch in the Texas Hill Country. I invite you to view the Ranch website for more details: http://www.buffalocreekranch.com/

Buffalo Creek Ranch is dedicated to Year Round big game hunting and the propagation of over 40 species of game from around the world.

For over 20 years I have been involved with hunting in the Texas Hill Country. To be sure, I have hunted in other places (Africa, Australia and in many North American venues), but my main interest and focus has been the Lone Star State. In large measure this is the result of the almost limitless opportunity Texas affords. In no other place can the hunter take to the field 365 days out of every year. Then there is the multitude of species available. In many cases these game animals can only be pursued in Texas, even though they are native to the far flung reaches of the Globe. In future posts we will discuss the ins and outs of the Texas hunting experience and compare and contrast these with what is available elsewhere.

I look forward to our next post and until then, So Long!

No comments: